Senior Managing Director
Head of Business Development
- Senior Vice President, US Bank, Commercial Banking
- Senior Vice President, Citibank North America, N.A., Commercial Banking
- Senior Vice President, Wachovia, Commercial Banking
- Vice President, Wells Fargo, Commercial Banking
- B.S., University of South Carolina
- FINRA Series 63, 79
Geoff Coar currently serves as Senior Managing Director, Head of Business Development within the Merchant Banking Division of Opus Bank. Mr. Coar has over 20 years of experience in Commercial Banking advising public and private companies on senior debt structures.
Prior to joining Opus Bank, Mr. Coar held roles as Senior Vice President with US Bank, Citibank and Wachovia where he focused on advising Southern California middle market client companies on lines of credit, term debt and acquisition financing, asset based lending, commercial real estate financing, international trade and treasury management solutions. Mr. Coar began his career with Wells Fargo Commercial Banking serving as an analyst, relationship manager and business development.
Mr. Coar is a graduate of the University of South Carolina with a B.S. in Finance. He holds a FINRA Series 63 and 79 licenses.