One-Stop Principal Investing and Advisory Solution
Our Merchant Banking Division is a disruptor in a heavily intermediated lower middle-market. We differentiate ourselves through our unique ability to streamline the transaction process by providing a customized one-stop principal investing and advisory solution to successful lower middle-market companies. We accomplish this by bringing together the full expertise of both our private equity and investment banking platforms in partnership with the Commercial Banking Division.
Growth Equity Investing
Opus Equity Partners, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Opus Bank, is a bank-sponsored private equity fund that provides growth equity capital to support visionary owners and managers who believe in their company’s potential for additional value creation, but require the support of a flexible and sophisticated equity partner in order to achieve their business aspirations.
- Partner with entrepreneurs and owners to provide non-control equity capital to support accelerated organic growth or strategic acquisitions
- Invest in family-owned companies to facilitate a liquidation event for financial and estate planning needs
- Support financial sponsors with co-investment capital in the acquisition of a private company
- Partner with management teams to execute a management buyout or divestiture from a larger company
Opus Financial Partners, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Opus Bank, is the broker-dealer and investment banking platform within the Merchant Banking Division, and the group provides M&A advisory and other broad transactional support to assist companies in their business development efforts.
Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
Disciplined and tailored process to support clients in both buy-side and sell-side engagements
Advise companies in the evaluation of various strategic alternatives to optimize shareholder value
Full range of advisory services for debt and equity capital raising engagements to address varying growth and liquidity needs
The Financial Sponsors and Leveraged Finance Group provides a sophisticated and tailored debt financing solution to assist companies with growth, mergers and acquisitions, and balance sheet recapitalizations as the group works in close collaboration with Opus Bank’s Commercial Banking Division.
Within a dynamic, market-driven environment, our team works closely with corporate clients, financial sponsors and governments to structure some of the most complex financing transactions. Our aim is to utilize the full resources of the Merchant Bank and Commercial Bank to provide our clients with the best and most innovative financing solutions across the full product spectrum.
The multi group structure allows us to bring our full expertise to a broad range of products and services – teams across all groups work closely with clients to deliver a tailored and creative solution.
Preferred Criteria for the Merchant Banking Division:
- Revenues generally between $10 million to $150 million
- EBITDA (Operating Cash Flow) greater than $2 million
- Strong margins and cash flow generation
- Outstanding and robust management teams
- Opportunities for new strategies, new growth initiatives, corporate development, and operational improvement
Securities transacted through Opus Financial Partners, member of FINRA and SIPC. This is not intended as an offer of securities or financial services in any jurisdiction in which such offers are not permitted. Securities are not FDIC insured, are not guaranteed by Opus Bank, and may lose value. Select clients represent clients of the Merchant Banking Division.