Opus Bank’s Commercial Banking division provides $5,000,000 in term debt to international multi-unit franchise operators, GBMO, LLC and GBMW, LLC
Overview of Transaction
- GBMO, LLC and GBMW, LLC, experienced restaurant franchisees, operated locations internationally for decades and desired to expand their U.S. presence.
- After purchasing 65 restaurants in the Portland, Oregon area in 2013 and improving the restaurants’ performance, the owners desired an improved capital structure and the capacity to remodel stores more quickly.
- Opus Bank (“Opus”), co-lending with franchise finance specialist Element Financial Corp (“Element”), combined to provide term loan financing and a non-revolving line of credit to refinance acquisition debt, support continued growth, and provide enhanced profitability for operations.
Significance of Transaction
- Opus partnered with Element to provide the client with the necessary capital to improve their profitability by quickly and efficiently remodeling stores on a regular and as-needed basis.
- The capital financing provides a stable base of term capital, which supports the client’s anticipated plans for expansion, and is cost effective for their strategy.
Opus Bank's Role
- Opus provided the client with term financing through a creative loan structure, which included a cohesive co-lending arrangement with Element.