Risk Management Strategies
Opus Bank’s Corporate Finance division provides senior debt financing for the investment in Risk Management Strategies by Alpine Investors
Overview of Transaction
- Risk Management Strategies (“RMS”), doing business as Trust Employment Administration & Management (“TEAM”), provides bank trust departments and other private fiduciaries the ability to outsource the employment and administration of the caregivers to beneficiaries of special needs and wealth trusts.
- RMS eliminates employment related liabilities from both the trust and trustee, while alleviating the trust officer of the human resource, compliance, and administrative burdens that come with employing caregivers.
Significance of Transaction
- Alpine Investors is a private equity firm specializing in investments in founder-owned, middle market companies in the software, internet, and business services sectors.
- Given the asset light nature of the business, the financing structure required an enterprise value approach to lending.
- Opus Bank provided term financing to support the investment, and a revolving line of credit for working capital.
Opus Bank's Role
- Alpine Investors needed to close the transaction within two weeks of executing the proposal letter.
- Opus Bank completed the diligence, underwriting, and all documentation within this time frame and the transaction was successfully funded by the required closing date.