Mother’s Market & Kitchen
Opus Bank’s Corporate Finance division provides term loan and revolving line of credit to Mother’s Market & Kitchen
Overview of Transaction
- Founded in 1978, Mother’s Market & Kitchen (“Mother’s”) is a leading natural and organic foods retailer with seven locations in Orange County, California. Mother’s specializes in top quality local and organic produce, offers the largest selection of supplements in Orange County, and serves special-needs consumers with gluten-free, organic, non-GMO, vegetarian, raw foods, dairy-free, low sodium and low glycemic dietary offerings.
- Mother’s desired financing to better support its existing operations as well as planned growth initiatives.
Significance of Transaction
- Mother’s sought a flexible financing structure to support a recapitalization to further growth objectives with new partner, Mill Road Capital.
- Given the asset light nature of the business, the financing structure required an enterprise value approach.
Opus Bank's Role
- Opus Bank provided term financing and a revolving line of credit to support the recapitalization.