Opus Bank’s Corporate Finance division partners with Tree Line Capital Partners, LLC to provide a unitranche debt facility to support Alpine Investors’ investment in MidAmerica Administrative & Retirement Solutions, LLC
Overview of Transaction
- Founded in 1995, MidAmerica Administrative & Retirement Solutions, LLC (“MidAmerica”) is a leading provider of public employer benefit programs including Social Security Alternative and Special Pay plans, HRAs, FSAs, 403(b)s and GASB Trusts.
- MidAmerica’s tax-advantaged retirement and health benefits programs are focused entirely on the education and government industry vertical.
- Opus Bank partnered with Tree Line Capital Partners, LLC (“Tree Line”) to provide a unitranche debt facility. In addition, Opus Bank provided a revolving line of credit for working capital.
Significance of Transaction
- Alpine Investors is a private equity firm specializing in investments in founder-owned, middle-market companies in the software, online, and business services sectors.
- OGiven the asset light nature of these businesses, financing structures require an enterprise value approach to lending.
Opus Bank's Role
- Alpine Investors desired to close the transaction within three weeks of executing the proposal letter.
- Diligence, underwriting, and all documentation were completed within this time frame, and the transaction was successfully funded by the required closing date.
- Opus Bank acted as administrative agent, while Tree Line served as arranger.