Opus Bank’s Commercial Banking division provides senior debt financing to support the acquisition of ERP Power LLC by Angeles Equity Partners, LLC
Overview of Transaction
- ERP Power LLC (“ERP”) is a leading designer and manufacturer of LED driver power electronics for commercial and industrial applications.
- Through management’s innovative design, the company has been delivering ever-smaller LED drivers with superior dimming, flexible programming, and intelligent controls.
- The deal leverages the Angeles Equity Partners, LLC (“AEP”) team’s previous power electronics investment experience and operational transformation expertise. Management believes that with AEP as a partner, ERP will continue to be a leader in the industry as LED’s role in the “Internet of Things” (IoT) continues to expand.
Significance of Transaction
- Opus Bank (“Opus”) provided financing to AEP’s investment. Through a mix of equity and debt, ERP now has the capital needed to execute management’s growth plans.
- The transaction also gives ERP an opportunity to leverage AEP’s previous power electronics sector investment experience and operational transformation expertise.
Opus Bank's Role
- Opus took the time to understand the industry and the needs of both the sellers and the buyer.
- Opus put together a proposal that was both competitive and compelling from a structural perspective.