Opus Bank’s Corporate Finance division provides senior debt financing to support the recapitalization of DecisionQuest, Inc.
Overview of Transaction
- DecisionQuest, Inc. (“DecisionQuest”) was founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Torrance, California. The company has 10 offices nationwide and is a leading litigation consulting firm that provides clients with an array of pre and post-trial consulting services.
- DecisionQuest trial consulting services include venue evaluation research, bench study or arbitration panel study, damages analysis and control research, initial case assessment, jury profiling research, opening statement study, post-trial analysis, post-trial jury interviews, shadow jury, solution generating research, strategy development, strategy development research, and witness evaluation research.
Significance of Transaction
- DecisionQuest engaged in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”) of the company in 2010. Opus Bank (“Opus”) was able to refinance the high-priced mezzanine debt with a lower cost of capital, which ultimately helped support stronger cash flow for the business.
- The transaction also allowed the company to start paying down their debt, which in turn creates value in the ESOP plan for all of their employees.
Opus Bank's Role
- Opus was able to provide a senior secured term loan and a line of credit to support the recapitalization and continued growth of the business.