Boyd Coffee Company
Opus Bank’s Commercial Banking division provides $16,200,000 of senior debt financing to support growth initiatives and refinance existing debt for Boyd Coffee Company
Overview of Transaction
- Boyd Coffee Company, established in 1900 in Portland, Oregon, is one of the oldest coffee companies in the world.
- Boyd Coffee Company desired a banking relationship to support its strategic initiatives that include growth, category expansion, and execution of a partnership with a leading nationwide distributor.
- Opus Bank (“Opus”) provided, in partnership with another lender, financing to increase profits and value of the company.
- In March 2016, Opus provided $16,200,000 of an aggregate $38,600,000 in financing to rebalance the capital structure and fuel success.
Significance of Transaction
- The working capital, asset financing, and rebalancing of the capital structure enabled Boyd Coffee Company to execute synergies with a leading nationwide distributor and to expand in single serve product, convenience stores, wholesale, and retail channels.
- The strategic plan’s success will allow the local Portland company to grow and support the region with jobs and community partnerships.
Opus Bank's Role
- Opus acted as a strategic partner and delivered trusted financial solutions integral to the execution of Boyd Coffee Company’s long term business plan.