Opus Bank’s Corporate Finance division provides senior debt financing for the acquisition of Attainia, Inc. by search fund Prometheus Health Partners
Overview of Transaction
- Founded in 2001, Attainia, Inc., known as Attainia Capital Planning Solutions (“Attainia”), is one of the most widely used software as a service (SaaS) solutions for capital equipment planning, budgeting, and tracking for the healthcare industry.
- Attainia’s clients include healthcare providers; facilitators, including equipment planners and architects; as well as suppliers to the healthcare industry.
- Attainia’s highly customizable web-based software is used by clients to manage over 2,000 active projects totaling over $30 billion.
Significance of Transaction
- The acquisition of Attainia marks the first acquisition completed by Prometheus Health Partners, LLC (“Prometheus”).
- Opus Bank (“Opus”) has developed a track record with the investor group, which largely drove their decision to choose Opus for the transaction financing.
- This deal represents the seventh search fund transaction closed by Opus Bank.
Opus Bank's Role
- Given the asset light nature of the transaction, the financing structure required an enterprise value approach to lending.
- Opus Bank was able to evaluate the transaction and propose terms within a short time frame, thereby allowing Prometheus to move confidently through the final negotiation process of the acquisition. The final deal structure was identical to the proposed terms.